Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bible Names

After church on Sunday Ethan asked me if his name is in the bible. I said "no, but there are a lot of names that are not in the bible". He asked because they are learning all the books of the bible at church. Five books at a time starting with the old testament.

Last night we were working on memorizing the books in order. He is suppose to learn 5 this week, but that is way to easy for Ethan so he is going to memorize all of the new testament books this week. So we were in the middle of working on the names and he started crying. I asked him why he was crying and he said "I want my name in the bible, its not fair that my name isn't in the bible".

So I had my bible in front of me and I took my pen and wrote Ethan's name at the top of the page. I then said his name is now in the bible. His response "not in every bible". I asked him if he wanted me to write his name in every bible I came across and he didn't respond just continued to cry. I just continued to tell him that my name or daddy's name isn't in the bible and we are okay with it. I don't think that helped. I changed to subject to bed time.

We shall see how today goes with memorizing. Hopefully he won't bring up his name not being in the bible.

2 comments:

  1. Good News! Ethan's name is in the bible! It actually appears 8 times. Ethan is the author of Psalm 89, so show him that!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other places it appears:1 Kings 4:31; 1 Chronicles 2:6, 8; 6:42, 44; 15:17, 19; Psalms 89:1

    It may be fun to tell him it is in 1 Kings and have him read until he finds it. That would be a good way to get him reading the bible- as long as he doesn't want to change his name to Solomon! haha. You can show him that Ethan was very wise...

    ReplyDelete