Friday, April 12, 2013

September 19, 2011 We put an offer on a new home...

We have always rented homes and now it was time for us to buy our first home. I worked on our finacial part for a year. We made a decision years ago to live with no credit cards or debit. Well when you're wanting to buy a home you need some credit. After speaking with a banker we got it all figured out.

So on September 19, 2011 I met with our realtor to look at 5 homes. The first 4 homes were not for us. The last home had been on my radar for a few weeks and I was really excited about looking at this house. I was on my lunch break so I thought if I really like a house I could bring Russell by later that evening. When I walked into this house I knew I wanted to live in it. It had everything we wanted.

My favorite things about the house: open living, kitchen, dining and breakfast area. Huge master bedroom, Split floor plan and large walkin closets in all three bedrooms. Oh also the baby's room was already painted for a baby. We only had to paint Ethan's room.

So I called Russell and said he needed to come see this house I had just seen. Good thing the homeowners were out of town and we were able to come back to the house later that evening. Russell looked and it and said he liked it. We decided to put an offer on it that night and they accepted it two days later. We closed on the house October 19 and moved in on October 22.

I have to give a shout out to all my wonderful friends. I was 7 months pregnant and not able to lift or even stand for long periods of time. They stepped up and helped me pack and move. I used up all my favors while I was pregnant. My friends even helped unpack the house! Thank you Shelly, Lisa, Laura, Camille, Ashley and Sherry for all the time that you spent helping with our move. We couldn't have done it without everyones help.

I'll post pictures soon. They are on my other computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment